The Victorian Canoe Polo Rolling Nights - First Thursday of each month at VU Footscray.
- Next rolling night is: Thursday the 6th of June, RSVP by Friday 31st May.
- Time:7.30pm to 9.30pm
- Location: Swimming Pool Victoria University of Technology, Footscray Park Campus. http://www.vu.edu.au/campuses/footscray-park Enter from Farnsworth Avenue, and drive up towards the pool and park in the carpark on the river side of the uni. You should see the under water windows to the pool behind the watertanks.
- Cost: $10
- Contact : email@example.com, or call/sms on 0425 330 407 (sms preferred), as I tend not to get the voice mails.
When RSVP ing, please ensure you let us know the following:
- Name and phone number (in case I need to cancel).
- If you are able to help out with transporting or instructing - this really helps us.
- Do you need a boat etc - if so, what do you normally paddle at the local comp? We have different sizes of boats - Dagger Vampire, Perception Acrobat and the Cyclones.
- Where you are currently at with rolling.. ie, are you just looking to practice and fine tune, or are you learning to roll.
Please let me know by the RSVP date if you are attending, as we need to ensure we have both space and boats, and to allow those helping haul the gear there some time. Please let us know if you need to cancel, as sometimes its very tight as far as us covering costs. In the event of the session being cancelled I will contact those who have expressed interest in attending. Otherwise, please assume its g. If you hear nothing from me - its happening.
Even if you are self sufficient please let me know if you are coming as this impacts the number of lanes we need to hire.
As we do not have boats stored at the pool we need time to work out how to get boats there. This is somewhat of a mammoth effort, so if you are able to assist please let us know. If you would like to volunteer your help as an instructor, that would be great too.
For those who are new to kayaking, this is an excellent chance to familiarise yourself with a boat (and falling out of the boat) for an extended period in a warm pool. We can also work on things like edging, sweep strokes and bracing with you.
For those coming to us from other disciplines, we welcome you but ask that you understand that this is primarily an event for Canoe Polo players, run by volunteers from Canoe Polo, and on a break even basis in terms of pool hire. As such please understand that priority will be given to canoe polo players if necessary.